Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Learner Engagement

I have been creating a powerpoint to begin work on my presentation. I do not know how to download it to my blog or if I can. I will keep trying. Any information will be helpful. I will give a short overview of what I have been working on. When I figure out how to post it to my blog I will do so.
Slide 1 is my title page- Online Learner Engagement
Slide 2 questions to be answered- Why and How
Slide 3 researched based instructional strategies that are appropriate for Distance Education.
Slide 4 constructivist method of instruction
Slide 5 anchored instruction
Slide 6 two types of researched based instructional models that give creditability to Distance Education
Slide 7 Distance Education is available to individuals around the world
Slide 8 Reference list,
I have many more slides to complete the presentation I am currently working on. I have been trying to find out how to download to my blog and will continue to do so. I have clipart on each slide. I am having issues creating a storyboard as well. Help!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Henry,

    I use camtasia to bundle and produce videos for posting. It is cool as it integrates itself withing power point so publishing your powerpoint becomes fairly easy. The software costs about $200 or so but I found it worth it with all the videos we seem to have to produce for these courses.

    Once you have the power point converted to a video file you can upload it into your blog when you create or edit a post.


    By the way, your blog looks great!

    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can save your ppt to a movie by converting the slides to jpgs (a save as command) and importing them into moviemaker. You can post that to your blog. Or, you can create a wiki where you can post your ppt and simply link to the wiki in your blog. That is probably easier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy and George

    Thank you both for that information. I am feeling a bit more at ease about developing my presentation and completing my course work. Henry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to figure it out myself. My brother told me to use Windows Movie Maker which he told me comes standard with Windows operating system. I checked it out tonight and it seems fairly easy to use. Will let you know what else I find out. In the meantime I am going to follow Peggy's suggestion and see where that leads.

    Arlene

    ReplyDelete